Friday, February 15, 2013

new 'do

So I'd originally planned to just get a buzz cut a week or so after my first chemo treatment. I decided that might be just a teensy drastic and decided on a shorter pixie cut instead. It's short enough that it'll be easy to buzz it later if my hair does start coming out but it's also still feminine in case it only thins and doesn't come out all the way.

I did a google search and looked through pinterest and found a couple styles that I liked that I thought would work for my face shape. I've always loved Audrey Hepburn, so I decided to try something similar to the pixie cut she had in some of her movies. My stylist fixed it so that it has more volume (I was clueless how to make it do that so she was showing me a few things) but I'll probably normally fix it where it is a little flatter.

After my cut, both the girls decided they needed a new hairstyle too. Mattie Leigh got four inches or so cut off hers and got it styled with layers. Allie Grace got about two inches trimmed from hers and got a few wispy layers added. They are both excited about their "big girl" haircuts.







1 comment: