Thursday, February 14, 2013

Amazed

I was really expecting to have some major nausea after my chemo on Monday. Praise the Lord, I haven't had more than really mild nausea a couple of different times (I'm fairly certain one can be attributed to acid reflux and the other to a bad migraine).

I've also still had most of my energy and have felt like doing just about as much as I have since feeling better from surgery. I know how blessed I am and that this is by far an exception and not the norm for how people feel post chemo. Thank you to everyone for the prayers; I'm certain that this is why I have done so well so far in my recovery.

I had my second physical therapy session today. I was told that I have almost my full range of motion back and that I only need to go for sessions once a week instead of three times a week. I am being allowed to drop my range of motion exercises from six times a day to twice a day and I have some strengthening exercises to do once a day. I was talking with another lady who was having physical therapy done on her foot, and my therapist told her that I was one of the toughest people that he'd seen this quickly post surgery. I know God has big plans for my story because of the many miracles that he keeps performing in my life.

I'm going to get my hair cut tomorrow. I decided not to shave it. I'm going to get a pixie cut (like Audrey Hepburn had in some of her movies and like Anne Hathaway has for her role in Les Mis. This way, I still have some hair and don't look totally crazy if it doesn't fall out from chemo. If it does fall out, I can easily just buzz cut it later.

1 comment:

  1. Praise God! This is all so good to hear. And I hope you'll post pictures as soon as you get your cut tomorrow, I bet it'll be adorable!

    ReplyDelete