Monday, February 11, 2013

first treatment

I had to be at the clinic at 9:00 this morning for my first chemo treatment. I waited a little over an hour for them to call me back for lab work. I think it was at least another hour after that that we went back for them to start the IV. They pumped me full of Zofran and Decadron before starting the chemo drugs so that I wouldn't be nauseous and to help lessen any allergic reaction that I could have had. I was also given a flu shot and pneumonia shot. I think we finally left the clinic around 3:00.

I had one of the best nurses (I told her I was requesting her for my other treatments too). She told Kevin and me that she could see the hand of God on me and that she could feel the peace that I had about the whole situation. She then told me "by HIS stripes, you are healed!" It reassured me, yet again, that God is definitely holding on to me during this journey.

Because I was hyped up from the Decadron, we went to Target after we left the clinic. I found a couple more hats on sale and we found Allie Grace's birthday present. I wanted to get out while I felt like it and take care of her present...I've been so afraid that I wouldn't feel up to helping her celebrate turning three so I needed to get this done while I could.

We also had dinner with a dear friend on our way back home. He actually took time out of his hectic schedule to come to the clinic and sit with us for a little while too. Again, God knew I needed a little extra reassurance that I was going to be okay today.

I was so excited when we got home because my new the rusted chain necklace came in the mail today. I LOVE Beki's work. I got this one with a gift certificate that I won from a facebook giveaway that she did. I think it fits perfectly with my situation right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment