Thursday, February 3, 2011

yummy carrot cake

My mom has this cake creation that is absolutely delicious. You take your favorite cake mix and mix it up according to the directions on the box. Then you mix your favorite frosting, a block of cream cheese, and an egg and pour that on the top of the unbaked cake mix. You bake the whole thing off until it sets in the middle...I started the oven out at 350 degrees but reduced it before the cake was done because I was afraid that it was going to burn. I think it took about 10-15 extra minutes for the cake to cook than the box said.

I really wanted a carrot cake today so I used a Duncan Hines Decadent cake mix and Duncan Hines cream cheese frosting. It is DELICIOUS! For lunch at church on Sunday, I'm planning on making a German chocolate cake (German chocolate cake mix and butter pecan frosting).


No comments:

Post a Comment