Sunday, February 20, 2011

faith like a child's

Kevin and I have been teaching Mattie Leigh about prayer and how to pray. We had a small obstacle in our way at first...she wouldn't let me pray with her. I talked with her for a while one day about why she'd only let Kevin pray with her, and she was finally able to tell me that she thought that only boys (men) could pray. Kevin and I talked with her and explained that anyone could pray and that God wants us to all know how to pray and to do it every day. After that, she asked me to pray with her that night. As we were first starting to pray with her, she wanted us to pray and she sat in her bed and looked a little nervous. After a few days, she has started telling us what she thinks we should pray about and then she repeats the prayers we say. I'm hoping she'll start praying on her own soon.


She definitely has the faith only a child can have. She prays and she believes that what she prays about is going to happen. It is so refreshing to see that...so many adults I know will pray for something but don't really believe that God is going to hear the prayer or answer it.


Mattie Leigh has also been paying a lot more attention in her Sunday school class and tells me what she remembers afterward. She's really starting to get what it means to be a Christian and is starting to ask questions.

No comments:

Post a Comment