Monday, January 25, 2010

what to do?

I've been contemplating this for a while and I still have no idea how things will go. I know Mattie Leigh isn't going to be able to be at the hospital with me at least through delivery and the first couple hours after. I'd prefer her just come for a little while for visits because she'd be way out of her element in a hospital room. However, I also know my child and know that she doesn't do well away from me for long periods of time. Like, we're talking, she's only spent one night away from me since we came home from the hospital. It's not that I haven't tried to have her spend the night with family...she flips out and gets so worked up that it is better for everyone for her to just come back home with me. I've been talking to her for a few weeks about me having to go to the hospital to have Allie Grace and that she'll have to stay with someone else. She seems to get what I'm saying, but understanding it and being okay with doing it are going to be two different things. For all the two time moms out there, what are your suggestions on helping her be okay when we drop her off?

No comments:

Post a Comment