Sunday, February 14, 2010

really?!?!

I just spent several hours going over our checking account transactions for the last year. The balance I had was way different than the banks and I was trying to find the discrepancy. After going through each deposit/debit for the year, I learned that I wasn't doing a great job of balancing in the first place...I sometimes forget to deduct items that come out automatically and don't always double-check to make sure I have every receipt from Kevin. I also learned that I apparently have horrible simple math skills and made addition/subtraction errors. All this to say, I'm going to be watching our money like a hawk from now on and will be double-checking my math. Hopefully, we won't ever have this problem again.

1 comment:

  1. That happened to me a couple of times and now each time we receive a paycheck I go online to check my balance and make sure that what my checkbook shows is what the bank is showing. I've had a couple of places actually charge me incorrectly and have caught that and had to get it fixed! We have a little box in our office at the house for Jarod to leave all his receipts so I can get them entered into the checkbook. Occasionally he will forget and I'll see them come through when I'm checking online and can ask him for the specific receipt to make sure the charge came through correctly!

    ReplyDelete