Thursday, February 18, 2010

cleaning frenzy

I'm not completely sure where the sudden energy has come from, but I've had tons of it since I finished my client hours on Monday. I didn't get to do much around the house Tuesday because I had a doctor's appointment and then ran our tax stuff by so they could start working on it before our appointment next Tuesday. Yesterday, I got all our clothes washed and dried, dishes done, all of Mattie Leigh's toys picked up and the floor swept before I got tired and decided to call it quits for the day. Today, I managed to fold the mountain of clothes in our office/spare bedroom that had been accumulating for months. I also got them put away (finally). Then, I cleaned off the table (it gets piled with stuff when I don't have a lot of time to organize and put away). I rested a while, cooked supper, played with Mattie Leigh, and then cleaned out and organized cabinets in the bathroom and cleaned as much as I could in there. My plans for tomorrow (and the next couple of weeks) include getting the dishes done and organizing cabinets in the kitchen, sorting through the rest of Mattie Leigh's clothes that are too small and getting them put away (and taking the unwanted/unneeded ones to goodwill), and organizing things better in our bedroom. I need to go through Mattie Leigh's toys and get rid of some of them too because she has WAY too many. After that, I may tackle the closet in our office that has been being used as a place to store stuff we don't know what to do with. I'm not sure if it's nesting or if I am just relieved to not have to go to school anymore...either way, I'm getting tons done. It feels REALLY good to finally be making headway on things that have been driving me nuts at home for months.

No comments:

Post a Comment