Saturday, February 20, 2010

yummy pancakes

Last time we went to my parents' house, my mom made fabulous homemade pancakes. Mattie Leigh liked them so much that she cleaned her plate (a rare thing for her), so I asked my mom for the recipe. She didn't have one...she just added self-rising flour, milk, vanilla, eggs, sugar, and oil until "it looked right." I decided that I was going to work with the ingredients until I got a recipe. I tried a couple different times before today and they weren't quite right. I decided this morning that I had to have pancakes and was going to get the recipe right. I did and thought I'd share it with all of you.

2 1/4 cups self-rising flour
1 1/2 cups milk
2 tablespoons sugar
3 tablespoons vegetable oil
1-2 teaspoons vanilla
1 egg

Preheat an electric skillet to 350 and just before you're ready to pour the batter, let butter melt onto the skillet. At this point, the recipe works just like any other pancake recipe. You can add any fruit or other favorite ingredient into the batter.

No comments:

Post a Comment