Tuesday, January 29, 2013

stir crazy

I got the last drain and my stitches out yesterday. Dr. Runnels also did the first saline injection for my tissue expanders. I'm sore from that, but I feel sooooo much better without that pesky drain. I go back next week to get the second injection (I think). I won't go back the week after that because I'll have my first chemo treatment.

I have somehow caught the nasty allergy/sinus crud that everyone seems to have right now. Coughing hurts REALLY bad because my chest muscles are already sore from him adding saline to the expanders. I have really bad laryngitis too. Please be praying that I stay fever free and that these symptoms go away quickly. I really can't afford to get sick with anything right now.

Besides the soreness and the crud, I'm actually feeling really good. I am so ready to get out of this house and do more than go to the doctor. I have greatly missed going to church. I also just want to go shopping or out to eat or something else that could be "fun." Sitting at home in a chair all day long gets boring really quickly. I miss my routine, even though it is a very simple one. I also want to get back in the kitchen and cook again...didn't think I'd miss that (but I think I'm starting to miss all the housework that I usually complain about).

No comments:

Post a Comment