Wednesday, March 3, 2010

She's here!

On Wednesday of last week, I had started having contractions and didn't know it. I spent the night in the hospital so that they could monitor me and give me medicine to stop the contractions. We thought all was well and that I would be fine. However, Sunday afternoon I started having contractions again and they became really regular. I went back to the hospital and was given three more shots of the medicine to stop contractions, but it didn't work. Allie Grace decided that she wanted to be our early bird and was born almost 4 weeks early. She weighed in at 7 pounds 6 ounces and was 19.5 inches long. I would have had a baby elephant if she'd waited until her due date to make her arrival! We're home and trying to adjust to being a family of 4.

2 comments:

  1. Heather-
    How very exciting! Can't wait to see pictures of your (newest) beautiful girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! I know y'all are so happy to be home as a family of four now!

    ReplyDelete