Monday, October 18, 2010

This Is the Day

Kevin and I noticed the other day that I was humming the song, "This Is the Day (that the Lord has made)" to Allie Grace to help calm her down and get her to sleep. I started doing it a while back without realizing what I was humming...I just knew that it helped calm her down. Since then I've been thinking about the song and how I usually felt when she was really fussy. It turns out that it has a calming effect on me too. I'm still not sure how my humming changed from my version of "Rock-a-by" that I sing to the girls, but I'm so glad that it did. I'm reminded every time I hum it now that each day is God's creation and that, while things may be a little hectic and I may have a million things to do and a baby that wants to be held, He knows what is in each day and is there to help me through them.

No comments:

Post a Comment